Newborn babies are one of our favourite things to see in the studio! We have tons of props, backdrops, posers, blankets, outfits, themed props, and tons more.
Little Kayson made his arrival on St. Patricks Day, and they sure are lucky. What a cutie. He and his parents made it into town just before the snowfall to get these photos done. Thanks to Raelyn, one of our own, for taking the photos and thanks to the family for sharing them with us.
Here are a few tips for a successful newborn shoot:
- Hire a photographer! We’re confident you can snap some great photos on your own, but newborn photos are such a special memory that splurging on a photographer will give you some gorgeous results to cherish for a lifetime.
- Schedule yourself enough time. Newborns can be tricky, so we suggest booking at least 1 full hour for a newborn, and at least 1.5+hours for photos incorporating siblings, pets, grandparents, etc.
- Come prepared. Be as early as you need to feed baby and get settled into your studio space. Well-fed babies are sleepy babies which makes posing that much easier.
- Book your session within 2 weeks of baby’s birthdate – within 10 days is even better. This helps achieve the sleepy, peaceful portraits that everyone loves.
- Parents, get in those photos! We know you’re feeling worn down with a new baby at home, but you may regret not getting those pictures later on. We don’t care if you’re in sweatpants, we don’t care if your hair is a mess. Snap away!
- Hire a Baby Whisperer to help during the shoot. Pam and Vivian both have 20+ years’ experience in a professional, medical setting with over 10,000 newborn baby portraits. They pose, soothe, and change baby throughout the shoot, as well as help set up props and backdrops. Learn more about the Baby Whisperers here.
Any other questions? Feel free to ask or swing by the studio for a tour anytime we’re open.
Tuesday: 10 AM – 6 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM – 6 PM
Thursday: 12 PM – 8 PM
Friday: 10 AM – 6 PM
Saturday: 10 AM – 6 PM
Sunday: 11 AM – 4 PM
Closed Mondays and holidays.
YOU pick the studio, YOU pick the props, and YOU take the pictures. Absolutely anyone can book a session using our studio props, lighting, backdrops, and more, and every photo you take is yours to keep, copy, share, and print.